View Single Post
Old 07-03-2017, 04:07 PM   #57
Jeez Louise

Default I shill you not

I can understand that being a newbie and not having a reputation on this posting forum may lead one to believe that I am performing as a shill to shine a positive light on the Sandy Point Restaurant. Please be assured that I have not received an endorsement by Sandy Point.

I shill you not. I am a patron who enjoyed the original Sandy Point Restaurant and I am hoping that this new management is successful in their quest. Not only for my benefit, but as a supplier of jobs to the community, a gathering place where memories are made, and as an Alton Bay tradition.

--For the record, I happened to visit the New Woodshed about a month ago and thinking back, the Sandy Point’s prime rib was equal to that at the Woodshed. I found the food at the Woodshed very good and if I might add, the quality of food, service, and atmosphere places the Woodshed in the fine dining category whereas the Sandy Point feels more family oriented and come-as-you-are casual. The Woodshed uses local suppliers as much as possible and this includes their meat source. I am curious as to the philosophy behind the purchases at the Sandy Point. The Woodshed bakes their dinner rolls in a clay pot which puts a golden crust on the yeasty rolls. They also brought out house made gluten free rolls, baked in their own clay pot, for those with a diet restriction. The wait staff at the Woodshed is seasoned and the timing of the food is spot on, however, the meat to fat ratio on the petite prime rib was about 45/55 respectfully. It did make for flavorful tender morsels though.

This is my second posting and my second restaurant review. There seems to be a pattern developing here…
Jeez Louise is offline   Reply With Quote