View Single Post
Old 10-29-2009, 09:43 AM   #129
OCDACTIVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunset on the dock View Post
No analogy will be perfect, but it seems that some on the forum are unwilling to admit that swimmers, elderly people who may wish to just sit on the dock (my parents), people who live near the lake(and for that matter, all NH taxpayers because their taxes are affected by tourist dollars), ...really just about anyone in NH should have a say as well(and even kayakers and sailors).

I agree, although this analogy was very good.

I will agree with you to a point that everyone in NH has a right to a say being taxpayers. However my issue is many also are unwilling to admit that this forum may give a better sample of individuals who understand the lake and the laws that govern it.

if you look at the number of people who have voted, it isn't even close. Now if you subtract out this phantom # of people that came in from other sites (which I believe is not true or if it is makes any signficant differenc), subtract out any duplicate votes, It still shows that predominantly it is not wanted IF you had to choose one way or the other.

Now that being said I do feel that after the compromise poll was shown that there are more people wanting a compromise then those wanting all or nothing.

As far as those you say (people on the dock, residents, etc) You have to look at how many people have voted! If you count up all the people who have contributed in the speed limit forums over the past 6 months it may account for 50 people at a max 100. You can't say that eveyone who voted does not represent people around the lake. Also, after the poll was done showing how fast your boat goes MOST people don't have a GFB or are directly effected. So why does their votes not count as part of those you say are not being counted.

You have said time and time again that those people on your road contribute to winnfabs and want the speed limit. Those on mine do not want them. Does that mean that I should think the majority of people on the whole lake does not want them? Absolutely not. There are different sections of the lake and cultures. Many people are attracted to those people with similar tastes and likes. This may be why your road are supporters and my opposers.