View Single Post
Old 09-23-2011, 02:33 PM   #6
boat_guy64

Default I love it

I had the same dilema a few years ago. We had been boating for a few years and finally bought a house at the lake. We moved in in February during school vacation and as we were down at the lake, (we live off of the RR tracks in Meredith) we saw many snowmobiles cruising past. It looked like fun.

The next year I bought a two up leftover sled and started discovering what was out there. My son, daughter and wife all enjoyed riding on the back and seeing what was out there.

A month later I bought my 12 year old son a used sled and we started riding together.

The next year we rode 1500 miles out of Meredith. From Winnisquam to Winnipesaukee to Waukewan to Newfound in about 90 minutes and many, many miles of trails in between.

On the third year, no snow. That hurt. We made our first trip to Pittsburg. It is the Mecca of snowmobiling.

On the fourth year, we bought a trailer and while we mostly ride out of the lakes region, we did some discovery.

Going into year 5 my daughter decided she wants to ride more and I'll be getting another sled.

My son and I are both on our second sleds as we've upgraded as we both became better riders and wanted more.

We only buy leftovers as they will save you about $2k.

Oh yeah, my son wants to go with his dad every weekend. He is 17 now and loves sledding. It may be the best money I ever spent.
boat_guy64 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to boat_guy64 For This Useful Post: