View Single Post
Old 07-28-2021, 11:04 AM   #409
Seaplane Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinewife View Post
There was constant noise almost every half hour recently at dinner time from a seaplane taking off/landing this past week in the Mirror Lake community- if that's what will happen at 19 Mile Bay, people will be mighty upset.

If people wanted to live near an airport, it probably wouldn't bother them- otherwise, I imagine there will be some pushback.

To my recollection, the original premise from the owner was to build his business up because of Covid concerns in case his main job dissolved. We haven't heard whether his original concerns have vanished, but I have seen a common thread/response by him to anyone who opposes his plans.

If the Forum Admin was able to research the sign-in names of several that are 'pro-Epic', it appears that the same person is behind them.

I believe that Tuftonboro residents are willing to go to bat against the proposal.
I can't speak for any others that are "pro-Epic", but I can tell you for sure, that I have one sign-in name only. I don't know Epic, but what gets me upset is the NIMBY crowd trying to stop appropriate use of State waters. I don't care about the dock issue - that's Epic's problem. As far as the noise is concerned, where's the outrage over all the wake boats blasting hideous music at all hours of the day?
Seaplane Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Seaplane Pilot For This Useful Post: