View Single Post
Old 05-21-2021, 08:40 AM   #241
gillygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravy boat View Post
Never said I don't believe they work. I was simply bringing up a question about the messaging throughout to wear masks to protect OTHERS vs told to wear them to protect OURSELVES. Am I saying I don't believe masks work? Nope. I've worn one throughout when required.

Since masks protect you both ways, the vaccinated should not have to wear them any longer...anywhere. Yes, there will be private business that will still require them and I'll wear them if I really need to get something inside. Because masks work both ways then those who still fear being near others should wear the mask and be confident they are protecting themselves.
Sorry, I guess I misunderstood your question/confusion. Masks don’t work equally in both directions. Masks are more effective at preventing transmission than preventing infection. Wish I could find the article I read early on in the mask debate explaining why, but I can’t at the moment, and my pea brain has shoved that info out.

Recommendations are going to change as we get deeper into the time since vaccines became available and more data becomes available.

Sent from my iPad using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app