View Single Post
Old 06-20-2014, 03:51 PM   #23
Seaplane Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear Islander View Post
WinnFABS (you spelled it wrong) was created for one purpose and one purpose ONLY. Having achieved that purpose they are no longer active.

There are organizations however that have been created to support safe boating on Winnipesaukee on an ongoing basis. I'm sure these organizations would be helpful if you were to contact them with your concerns about boating safety. One such organization is SBONH (sbonh.org) They have helped me in the past with boating legislation problems and I'm sure they will help you as well.

In the future I recommend you try working with an ACTIVE boating safety organization rather than blaming them for inactivity.

SBONH
This group is dedicated to discussing safe power boating and recreational activities on Lake Winnipesaukee and the other inland lakes of the Lakes Region in NH. We work together to help shape legislation that affects our freedoms and enjoyment of the lakes.
BI, Sorry I forgot the second "N" in WINNFABS. Perhaps that "N" should stand for do "NOTHING". If they really cared about safety, then they would still be "active" and would be trying to make the lake safer for kayaks too. But, we know the rest of the story.

Last edited by Seaplane Pilot; 06-21-2014 at 09:02 AM.