Thread: Unbelievable
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2013, 05:33 AM   #33
NH_boater

I am not sure as to what legislation you are referring but my feelings are this.

First, if the legislation is passed, follow the rules, I.e.; no rafting zones distance to shore and 25' to other boats.

Second, I do not support the speed limit. It was an answer to a problem that did not exist and did nothing to make our waters safer.

I do not support no rafting zones. I do not believe that a select 25 people should be able to significantly affect the use of public waterways for hundreds or thousands of people. I also maintain that this usually backfires for landowners wanting a NRZ. General boaters and new-comers see NRZ's and think that it must be a good place to anchor so they go there to try it out. I tell people that ask me for a good sandbar or anchorage spot to go to the NRZ's first. I think that we should all do this.

I so not support most of the NWZ's on the lake. Again, I think they backfire for those who wanted them. Now you have slowing and accelerating boats with their LARGER wake to deal with, not to mention boats taking minutes instead of seconds to pass. The accelerating boats are probably louder than passing ones anyway.

I do think that safe passage is a good law /policy.

I may not support the SL, NRZ's and most NWZ's but I obey them and expect others to do the same.