Thread: US Coast Guard
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013, 06:49 PM   #27
Belmont Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
Maybe the Aux shouldn't talk to the media if it doesn't like what it prints.

The headlines of a LDS article states this: "A first, Coast Guard plans presence on big lake this summer"

Then a member of the Aux says this:

"Sean Skillings of Milton, staff officer for public affairs, said that while the Auxiliary has been teaching marine safety and inspecting vessels on the lake for many years, this year it will also patrol the lake this summer"

I know they don't have any law enforcement authority but the least they could do is make sure that any newspaper they give an interview to will write exactly what was said...if in fact that article isn't telling the truth.

BTW, I always do research before saying anything.
Rusty with all your vast infinite knowledge of just about everything, you of all people should know that what is said and what is often quoted or printed by the media are often two different things.
It seems like your whole day is to spent researching things posted just to pick them apart and make negative comments. Seems to me you should find a hobby or something