Thread: US Coast Guard
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013, 05:52 PM   #24
OCDACTIVE

Default Do a little checking....

Sorry, I should have prefaced this that at many levels this has been blown way out of proportion. Forums and the newspapers are not always the best reflection as to what is actually happening in Concord and at the State level. Since the articles have come out: The Governor's office has been flooded with calls and the Marine Patrol have been receiving emails and calls as well. Many Representatives and Senators have reached out to me asking what this is all about: many under the false impression that the Coast Guard is "taking over the lake" which couldn't be further from the truth. There is discussion about a bill being brought forth to restrict this unfortunately.

I will let Misty handle the specifics but again please make clear in your posts the difference between Coast Guard and Coast Guard Aux. There is a distinguished line between the two.

Please do some research before making comments like: "being patrolled"and "the federal government" for you are giving a false pretense.

The Chief Director may be in charge of the force but that does not mean the Aux has the authority to enforce NH specific laws.

I for one am happy to have such experienced individuals available, at their own expense, to assist when called on. Rather than Johnny whistleblower calling in for every infraction they deem wrong; these trained and highly skilled individuals can help avert boating issues by having the education to recognize a situation before becoming dangerous. Also to assist in rescues if needed and/or assist when requested by the MP.