View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 05:27 AM   #16
ApS

Default It Doesn't Have to be ½...

Quote:
Originally Posted by winterh View Post
"...Advantages are obviously half the cost or a nicer home than I could buy on my own but I am sure there are many things to be careful of..."
I couldn't afford to buy our old lakefront place back so I took a relative as a partner.

My only responsibilities are the "opening-up" in April, attaching the mooring line, the occasional soldering of winter-damaged copper piping, cut the trees back, hook the water back up, provide the firewood, replacing of any needed boards on decks- dock- and porch, the painting/staining, the electrical wiring, the plumbing, the chasing-out of carpenter ants, discouraging mice from the crawlspace, interior cleaning and dusting, make the dump-runs, fixing the occasional roof leaks, replace failed waterheaters and pumps, removing wasp- and leftover bird-nests, the seasonal leveling of the dock and driveway, do the closing-up in November, prepare boats, paddles, PFDs, oars, and pay all three boat registrations, all surveyor- and attorney-fees, all mortgage payments, all the property taxes and all the insurance premiums.

It's working out very well.
ApS is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ApS For This Useful Post: