View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 08:53 AM   #10
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Thoughts on Sharing...

You are in for really large amounts of stress!!!!!

As others have stated you have to have ground rules laid out before hand. And even then you find that the ground rules changes as time marches on.

My experiences have taught me two things,

Never own a place adjacent to a family member or close friend. We have two pieces of property on Winnipesaukee, in my family right next door to each other. Someone is always feeling like they are being taken advantage off....

Never count on arrangements with Family members to be permenant. Life changes and it changes how life functions. Sometimes it can take a place that is big enough for everyone one, year, and turn it into a place where alternate weekends are the only way a place can be enjoyed by everyone.

I wouldn't give my place up on the lake because of these complications.. I do refuse to talk to my neighbors at times, though, and occassion we have conflicts on the usage of the camp... but slowly we are figuring out how to resolve those conflicts with out a whole lot of termoil......