View Single Post
Old 12-09-2009, 07:08 PM   #8
hazelnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodynh View Post
You are correct probably a stop light would be best not sure we need that but I would like to see at the very least a turning lane. There is not enough room for people to squeeze by if you are turning on Redding from Rt 25 and they are closing at 45 to 50 mph {speed limit is 45mph) and sometimes don't realize there is no room until the last minute if they are not familular with the area. I have had at least three times in the last year where people came within less then a foot of rearending me. Two of those I actually got off the brakes and rolled forward.

Then probably lower the speed limit both ways in that area so it is safer to pull out and lower impact when you get rearended turning in to Redding Lane.

Need to put more thought into this and then talk to the town and see if it is fesible to start a petition.

I agree that Fox Hollow is bad also but they don't have nearly the volume of traffic turning there that Redding Lane and Sheridan Road does.

A turning lane would be a great idea. The street itself Redding Lane is angled so weird there that it is tough to turn on to 25 as it is. That is such a tough intersection from both directions, turning on or off of Redding.
hazelnut is offline   Reply With Quote