View Single Post
Old 01-29-2019, 05:32 PM   #30
joey2665

Thanked 1,007 Times in 648 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusty View Post
Perhaps I've just got lower standards, but I almost always give a place a couple of chances to please me before I take them off the list.

A few years ago, I went to Ellacoya and ordered a half rack of ribs. I thought they were pretty good. Within a few hours, however, I was in the hospital with a kidney stone. It was too big to pass, so they gave me a stent and sent me home to await lithotripsy. Well, a man's go to eat and I couldn't really blame the ribs, so in a couple days I was back for another half-rack. I joked with the server about how hard their ribs were on my abdomen and she promised these would be ok. Wouldn't you know it, right back to the ER, this time with gall stones. Over the weekend they removed my gall bladder and then performed a lithotripsy on the kidney stone. I was out and hungry in a couple days. Well, I wasn't going to throw in the towel, rib-wise, so it was back to Ellacoya for another half-rack. I explained to the server that this would be their last chance and if I ended up back in the hospital again, I'd have to post something on Yelp. Well, I got my ribs (and some odd looks from my server) and they were just excellent. I enjoyed my meal and went home without discomfort.

My point is this: If I can give a place another chance after multiple hospitalizations, certainly others can brave the occasional missing salt shaker or tardy drink order. [I also enjoy their Monday burger --without discomfort.]

I understand and appreciate that you give restaurants a second chance which is very admirable and fair but are you really insinuating that the ribs caused kidney stones and gall stones the same night you are their ribs?

This is medically impossible, at best the ribs could have aggravated an existing condition it certainly didn’t cause the condition as both types of conditions take time to develop they do not manifest themselves that quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
joey2665 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to joey2665 For This Useful Post: