View Single Post
Old 12-09-2011, 11:42 AM   #46
Grant

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB_Monterey View Post
AAA Plus was pretty much mandatory for me when I was working in Allston Ma and living in Raymond. The tow from Allston to my mechanic in Auburn would've cost a pretty penny, 75 miles or so.

Luckily, I only had one occasion when i needed that tow over the years but it certainly was worth it.

On top of that, their insurance cut our premiums by almost half over what we were paying with Met for better coverage!

Now, insurance wise, I can certainly attest to their customer service. My car had a bullseye on it when I was doing that commute. 4 hits in less than 2 years. In one case, I got the car back from the bodyshop on a Monday only to be rear ended by a Dodge Ram on Soldiers Fields Rd 4 days later

In every claim, settlement was very quick. Absolutely no complaints. Highly recommended.
I agree on the AAA. Each year when it's time to renew, we hem and haw and ask if it's worth it, and every year we have 2-3 occasions when it absolutely pays for itself. Earlier this year, the transmission in our big truck went -- while my wife was commuting to NJ. The tow job back to our friendly neighborhood mechanic would've been horrendously expensive, and AAA+ covered it.

On the insurance front, we switched to AAA Mid-Atlantic, and were quite pleased for a number of years, until some clown filed a claim when he turned into my wife's lane and she slightly scraped his REALLY beat-up car. He filed a $5,000 claim, and their underwriters just paid it out with no question -- so then we have this big-a$$ claim on our record when HE was at fault and the damage was minor cosmetic stuff. Lesson learned: No matter how minor the ding, and how friendly the guy in the other car, ALWAYS have the cops come & ALWAYS file a report. They jacked our rates through the roof after that, so I left them.

But, anyway, to bring it back to the Lake (), I highly recommend Trite's for Wolfeboro-area automotive care.