View Single Post
Old 12-08-2011, 04:01 PM   #32
RLW

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa meredith View Post
How very shocking...someone took the time to read the posts, and not simpy interpret them in some bizzare way. Thanks WkBrMom...
You are correct...how on Gods' green earth people though I meant Cate would get a bill for 100 bucks is beyond me. But as a group...as American Consumers...we eventually pay for the inefficiencies. This is a fact.
I never ever intended to slight Cate P for using her service. Never. Why not. It's included wtth her car...I WOULD HAVE DONE THE SAME DAMN THING!
And laughed when finding out the guy travelled 35 miles.
My simple question was...doesn't this seem bizzare to people? And I guess to some it makes sense.
When the manufactors add to a warrwanty...do people really not think the cost is past along. Couple examples...When Ford increaded powertrain Warrenty to 5/60000 in 2003 (or 2002, not sure) there was a surcharge every dealer received for every unit that was already built and on the ground of roughly 180/200 bucks...per unit. And the base price (invoice cost) was increaded by the same amount on every new vehcile shipped, with the new coverage (3/36000 became 5/60000). Of course, Ford proudly announced there would be no extra cost to consumer for this new warrenty. The MSRPs stayed the same...but the invoices were increased. So, if a dealer had a 800 margin, he now had a 600 margin. Does anyone not think the dealers did not pass the cost on to the public by simply holding a bit firmer in price....of course..we all did it. You had to.
All Factory roadside service is billed back to the manufacturer...in this case Subaru. These figures are routinely reviewed, and cost are indeed adjusted accordingly.
The much larger picture here is simply...AND ONLY...this. I found it very strange/weird/bizzare (in a vacuum...absent any outside stories) that a flat tire was changed by someone who travelled 35 miles. It is an insane waste of money...nothing to do with Cate P..she did as I would have done.
To prove my point however...I would ask Cate P, Cate, if you had no roadside service left (contract expired), and found the flat, and wanted to hire somone to change it...would you have even considered calling someone 35 mile away, and pay them to drive out to you? You yourself are very regularly on this board, asking for ways to save money...on car washes, rentals, fire wood, snow removal services, gas prices, "the least expensive option for storing a boat", buying furniture....so I would assume you do not spend $$$ foolishly, but rather are careful to obtain a fair, honest, and accurate price for goods and services. So, applying this knowledge, I assume you too find it a waste for someone to have driven 35 miles. Am I right?
All that for changing poor Cates flat tire???