View Single Post
Old 12-08-2011, 10:56 AM   #28
Gavia immer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead View Post
The best mechanic around Wolfeboro (especially if you've got a GM) is Sal. His garage and gas station is right in the heart of downtown. He's honest, and a downright good guy. He gets my GM work.

Cate, how do you like that Subaru? Is it good on gas? I had one a hundred years ago and it sounded like a VW beetle. The four-wheel drive was terrific but it had no power whatsoever!
There are so many coincidences in this thread for me.

I also destroyed a tire by picking up a "nail-set", but it was on the NEW JERSEY Turnpike!

Sal has been my favorite mechanic since before the station changed from Texaco to its present Sunoco products. It's a family business, and his dad will take your appointment. I once drove in with a nail-caused flat, and he fixed it for free. When a friend had annoying mechnical problems with her car, I told her of Sal's wide knowledge of the car industry. Weeks went by, and then she got a flat from a nail. Without the knowledge of my earlier recommendation, Sal fixed her tire for free.

Subarus have changed from those early days. They have several versions of "all-wheel drive", and I think they still offer manual transmissions. A few months ago, I had occasion to drive CateP's Subaru. It's a quality product, and drives like any other similar-size Japanese car; however, removing the key from the ignition is NOT intuitive, and may take some moments to figure out.

Just last week, a friend pointed out a starry constellation known as "The Pleides". She then told me it is the symbol found in Subaru's logo.

Gavia immer is offline   Reply With Quote