View Single Post
Old 12-07-2011, 08:07 PM   #16
Blue Thunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa meredith View Post
This seems so completely bizzare to me. But then again, why would common sense get in the way of how America does business these days. It's probably a union thing. Scubadoo's (sic) closest "sub out" for a FLAT TIRE was in freakin' Maine????!!!!!! A flat tire was changed, in Wolfboro NH, by a guy, who drove down from Maine???!!! UUUmmmmm, yeah, OK. A guy drove 35/38 miles to change a flat??!! (google earth maps)
And, that being said, there was not a local gentleman co-worker or friend, to change out the tire? I would bet if it was a nail, the cost of the plug will have to be taken care of by Cate...20 bucks????...and that shop would probably reinstall the tire. As for driving on the donut Cate, you really could travel up to 100 miles, with no issue at all. And I really don't think I'd be all that fussy about where to go to remove a nail, and put the plug in. It requires little, if any skill. Any shop would be happy to do it for you. No real need to shop for a price...20/21/22/23/24/25...what's the difference?
But instead, a guy was sent from Maine. Am I the only one who sees absolutely no humor in this?
I just don't get it anymore.
No issue with a lady who does not want to change a flat...I would not want my wife doing it....but this seems like quite a project for a flat tire.
A Jack, 5 lugs, and 15 minutes....
For some reason your response to this doesn't surprise me at all. Common sense isn't all that "common" anymore. Cate, at some point, paid for roadside assistance. That service doesn't reside on every corner and traveling 30 miles to perform the service isn't unreasonable at all to me. She is new to the area and probably doesn't have many gentlemen, co-workers or friends she can call on at this point. I don't see any humor in this nor do I think a flat tire is intended to be humorous. If you don't want your wife changing a tire then I wouldn't throw stones at a service that provides an avenue to make that happen for those who choose to use it and pay for it. It is hardly a "union" thing and definitely has nothing to do with what is wrong with America and how it does business today.

For you and me, a jack, 5 lugs (it's a Subaru, 4 lugs) and 15 minutes is no problem. For the overwhelming majority, its a phone call and someone else comes and does it for you.

BT