View Single Post
Old 06-02-2020, 12:13 PM   #46
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

I am not even going to read the article about the lawsuit with the Dive. Why ECFC is even mentioned in bogling, and I am sure they will get out of it very quickly as the Dive is their own independent entity, and ECFC only tie, is that they rent them dock space.... With that said.

Braun Bay has been the spot to go since the 80s, probably even the 70s. It got extremely crowded in the 90s and laws where put into place to stop the large rafts that where being formed. (BTW I don't agree with this) By far the biggest crowds at Braun Bay over the 4th of July holiday. I never go over there on the weekends because it is generally a younger rowdier crowd. But on a week day I have several times, it is a nice place to anchor get in the water and relax.

Since the 80s the home owners across for the sand bar, have been vocally against all the use it sees. The Dive isn't the first business they have tried to drive out of there. There was another smaller operation a few years ago, and there have been several attempts at floating ice-cream stands.... the same land owners complained to the MP about them as well.

So why is the Dive being dragged into court? Its obvious that there is money behind the venture. The people bring about the lawsuit are after two things, seeing if they can get some compensation (likely the lawyers will make out better)... and to see how much money can be dragged out of the Dive, to hopefully get them to fold.

In the end this is a BS lawsuit, that will set a horrible precedence...I given what I have seen this year, I really think that the Dive, is trying to set itself up to be less mobile, and become a fixture at the Weirs, and only go out selectively, and for private parties.....

Time will tell, but this one business has certainly ruffled many feather along the way.