View Single Post
Old 04-10-2013, 04:54 PM   #13
MAXUM

Thanked 1,942 Times in 802 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine Island Guy View Post
MAXUM - those look very cool (and not expensive either!). Please let us know how they work this year, could be a real time saver (not to mention the frozen fingers, heat gun, etc).

Another trick that Misty Blue taught me was to install a boiler valve close to the water's edge... great to drain down in the fall and then hook up a small pump to in the spring and prime the entire system.

Think ice out!!! -PIG
I can tell you they are awesome, I put the same things on my uncle's irrigation system a few years back which is essentially the same application a small jet pump pulling from the lake. I had to unscrew fittings with pipe wrenches and re-do them plus t-tape in the spring, what a pain in the you know what. I found those cam locks and said BINGO, now it takes me all of about 5 minutes to break down the system and drain the lines, just install where you want or need a quick break point. Snap the plug on the end for the winter and no critter problem. What is really cool is I put a T in the output side of the jet pump on a short vertical tube with another cam lock so I can easily back fill the pump to prime it. It's the bomb. What used to take me an hour now takes about 10 minutes start to finish to get the system reassembled and back running.
MAXUM is offline   Reply With Quote