View Single Post
Old 06-21-2020, 11:58 AM   #8
DickR

The launch spot at the Long Island beach is at the end of the beach farthest from the bridge, just as the road turns uphill, and faces SE. During the summer, there is a dock to help with loading people and gear following launch. There is a "ramp" of sorts, in the form of a series of linked concrete bars going down into the water. Sand covers the lowest end. Just out from shore is a deep hole, likely the result of "power loading" (a no-no) over the years. The ramp will accommodate a boat 20-25 ft or perhaps longer comfortably.

From Memorial day to Labor Day, parking of cars & trailers by the launch area is not allowed. Parking for trailers is available up by the fire station, a couple of miles back up the Neck Rd, and I assume a trailer would be left there and the car driven back to the beach area, for which a beach sticker is required.

Weekends are quite busy at the launch, as is the case anywhere. I launch my boat before Memorial Day mid-week and haul it out in early November, also mid-week. The launch ramp is a ghost town midweek by then.
DickR is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DickR For This Useful Post: