View Single Post
Old 05-16-2019, 04:31 PM   #66
Descant

Thanked 1,518 Times in 985 Posts

Went to Lowe's today. Yesterday, bought a stove on the phone to get the sale price which was expiring. We had to go to the store in person to get the discount, and a supervisor had to be called to enter it, presumably because the transaction was already in process. They did not ask for ID since we were in the system. Fifteen minutes later at Home Depot (Lowe's was out of Vermiculite) the cashier at HD asked for a veteran's ID. The cashier remarked that my VA ID was a card she had never seen and it wasn't on the approved list. Before I could respond, she had rung up the sale with the discount included. The two stores were in Amherst and Merrimack, respectively. (Oddly, HD had no Vermiulite on the shelf either. I suggested that they had four bags when I looked on line an hour earlier. They looked it up--they had 10 bags on a pallet 20 feet in the air in a different part of the store. They got a crew and a forklift and got the pallet down. Very nice, helpful and it only took a few minutes. Oddly, the clerk in the Bedford Lowe's said they had Vermiculite, he had seen it, but then couldn't find it. Kudos to the HD inventory system.
Descant is online now   Reply With Quote