View Single Post
Old 03-29-2019, 11:44 AM   #58
Skip

Quote:
Originally Posted by barefootbay View Post
I think at either store it depends on which clerk you get wether you get a military discount and what the prerequisites are. I have also had mixed responses at both facilities. Too bad the policy isn’t more clearly delineated to all involved.
That is incorrect as has been pointed out numerous times in this thread. Once you register with Lowe's (and no, you DO NOT need a Lowe's credit card) you simply use the card they supply, or the Lowe's APP on your phone, and the discount is applied at the register automatically. The only difference between Lowe's stores and sometimes employees within is which one's actually read the register screen close enough to quip "thank your for your service".

Also, both the Lowe's policy and the Home Depot policy is fully explained on their corporate web sites and all employees receive orientation training on the policy as part of their initial training. The only significant difference is HD severely limits the dates/conditions the policy applies to veterans, but most employees at HD can override the policy and grant up to a 10% discount depending on what that particular store manager allows. Strictly arbitrary on their part.

The only way you will be turned down for the 10% credit at a Lowe's is if you haven't previously registered and are unable to produce a valid DD214 clearly stating you have a honorable discharge. Old ID cards, a tattered "I Served" hat or your buddy vouching does not suffice for the DD214, unless your obnoxious and the poor clerk just wants to get you out of the store...

Its really quite that simple....
Skip is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Skip For This Useful Post: