View Single Post
Old 12-31-2016, 07:33 AM   #22
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,146 Times in 893 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flotnjr View Post
Lots of good info- this is to the best of my knowledge. There will be no title for the Spark (no boat in NH has a title) but a bill of sale should suffice when you go to register it- either at the town or a local marina. Bring your Certificate of Origin just in case, but you shouldn't need it. As far as your trailer goes, you should be able to go the town where you reside in NH and bring a tax bill, electric bill, any proof of residence should do. Both should be do-able in NH, but if you have to register the trailer in MA, it should be a reasonable cost even if you have to pay tax. Nevermind the 18" of snow we just got, spring is right around the corner!!!!
I am not sure if the trailer is the same as a car but for residency purposes only a driver's license will do. I believe that the trailer will be treated the same.

Property ownership and utility bills, in the eyes of the state of New Hampshire, do not make you a resident so you will get a "non-resident" registration for your vehicle. Even if you own property and leave the vehicle in NH 365 days a year you will still get a non-resident registration if you do not have a NH driver's license. You can only hold a driver's license in one state at a time.

As has been said above, a non-resident registration requires that the vehicle not be out of state overnight. When you register it the Town Clerk will require you to sign an affidavit acknowledging that the vehicle cannot be out of state overnight.
TiltonBB is offline   Reply With Quote