View Single Post
Old 09-27-2016, 02:21 PM   #67
Aquadeziac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivolt View Post
We did both drive, she would not attempt docking however and I don't blame her, I wasn't exactly in a position to "teach" anything. I learned more about docking in the 3 minutes the kid at the marina was whipping the boat through pretty much every obstacle imaginable to the fuel docks when I returned it than I did in the rest of the time here.

I haven't worked out a good system docking yet, she was not born with good balance and could never jump from the boat to the dock without holding onto something so I've pretty much just been practicing doing it solo which was ok this past week but when the docks are packed and I have to shoe horn into a spot I am going to need to utilize her somehow.

We left about 11:45. I noticed after the rain stopped it was fairly calm with little to no breeze. I was going to give it an hour or so to dry the dock off a little so I wasn't tracking so much crud onto the boat but then the wind began to pick up so I decided to get a move on as I had 2 trips to the RIA dock to make before bringing the boat back, I'm glad I didn't wait any longer as I had a plenty bumyp ride as it was back to Wolfeboro.
For future reference when you have your own boat, these are invaluable: http://landingloop.com/index.htm

Welcome to the lake.