View Single Post
Old 10-25-2013, 02:27 PM   #14
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by songkrai View Post
The state of New Hampshire sold the Lottery Commission to a private company. No longer in state hands. The private company has to make a profit off the lottery. So how much now goes to education? The actual intended original purpose of the lottery.

The state of New Hampshire sold the entire rest area. Private enterprise.

Instead of the state owning the rest area and the liquor store. Now the state will pay rent for all of this

Win. Win. For everyone.

Private enterprise will make huge profits off of this. With guaranteed income from the state as a tenant - forever.
As pointed out, by others the Common man will be leasing from the State....

And if you read the articles it is claimed that this is a 32M$ capital investment for Granite State Hospitality...

What I have not seen is a comment on the entire cost of the project... This includes Highway infrastructure changes some of which have already been done... And many other hidden costs....

So when all is said and done, how Much is coming out of the State Account.

The bottom line is this may not be worth it....

I have seen the model used before, Maine as an example... the problem is the gas station decided to charge a mint... so the revenue is never what is foretasted.... and over time the restaurants loose their charm.... and once again the cost is usually elevated for the convenience of it all. So once again the revenue is not what is forecasted.

Now factor in that after 35 years Granite State Hospitality can just walk away and leave the place for the State to deal with....

I would rather see the state put in Rest Area's just like they have now... there is nothing wrong with that model....Then there is no wondering about the future... no what if Granite State Hospitality folds... etc etc etc.....

Last edited by LIforrelaxin; 10-25-2013 at 02:41 PM. Reason: fixed a few errors
LIforrelaxin is offline   Reply With Quote