Thread: Wolfeboro Inn?
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2010, 12:23 PM   #12
Chris Exley

Default Thankgiving buffet at Wolfeboro Inn

For the first time ever, my family went out for Thanksgiving dinner. On the recommendation of my brother, who went there some 4 or 5 years ago, we chose the Wolfeboro Inn's Thankgiving Buffet. We will never do it again.
I had made the reservations in August or September. I know I was the first one for the 2:30 time slot, because the person taking our reservations told me so. The experience started out badly. I was the first one of the 2:30 reservations to show up. We were the last one seated. I could have understood if it was a table size issue, but 3 of the parties who came after we did had the same number in their party, and they were seated ahead of us. Not to worry, though, they had grapes/crackers/cheese for us to munch on while we waited. Ooops, the cheese was in very large wedges, with no utensils to cut them. So, once we at the cheese that had been cut, we could no longer enjoy that. After they realized that they had forgotton to seat us, they came and brought us to a rectangular table meant for 10 people. Then, they proceded to forget about us. 5 minutes later, a waitress came by and asked us if anyone had gotten our drinks yet. We replied, "No". She then went to find out who was supposed to help us. 4 or 5 minutes later, someone took our drink order, and told us where to go to get the food. We went into the "too small" are where the food was. There was no rhyme or reason to the flow of bodies, so people were knocking into each other....some were going one way, and some the other direction. They ran out of the steamship beef. There was very little turkey to be gotten. The rolls that they had our were hard as a rock. Half the deserts that were on the menu were not available. The food that we did have was not all that spectacular.

I did complain to waitress who sent the manager over. I told him our dissatisfaction with the meal and the experience. He gave us one of our dinners for free.

Not to be deterred, my wife and daughter made a proper Thanksgiving meal on Friday night. Granted, we didn't have ALL the fixins we normally would have, but, it was a much more pleasant, and tastefull evening at the cottage.

We were all 100% in agreement that we won't ever go there again. Curiously, one of our friends at the lake told us that they wish they had known what we were planning, because they would have told us not to bother.

Oh well, live and learn. I hope this review helps others who are thinking of going to the Thanksgiving Buffet.

Peace.

Last edited by Chris Exley; 12-01-2010 at 03:37 PM. Reason: fixed spelling
Chris Exley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chris Exley For This Useful Post: