View Single Post
Old 10-14-2009, 07:57 AM   #248
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,090 Times in 784 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle Boy View Post
Let me explain something in the simplest terms for you. Your profession tweaked the Turtle family's interest last year when you opined at length about the validity of forum polls. We were intrigued that someone(a teacher, no less) who spelled poll incorrectly (no, it's not spelled pole) felt so entitled to rant about whether a self poll on a boating forum might indeed have any significant validity. Since that time, the only progress you have made in this arena has been that you learned how to spell the word correctly.

Less entertaining than the poll/pole spelling difficulties is the following. We have all heard mention on this forum that perhaps there is a correlation between those who are dominating, intimidating, and rude on the forum and those who might act similarly on the lake. This kind of behavior from you directed at anyone who disagrees with your beliefs, whether it be me, EL, Evenstar (really nasty stuff you unleashed at her...you should be ashamed), or anyone else I suppose can be tolerated...we're adults and can look after ourselves. What concerns me is...well...do you treat your students in such a belittling manner? These kids might have no other choice than to endure such behavior. Kids are impressionable...what they see is sometimes what they imitate.
Finally I would add that your extreme dependence on those irritating laughing smiley faces to be able to express your thoughts seems odd (given your profession). It brings to mind the expression "Why can't Johnny read"?
So...this is why I have invoked your profession as being relevant to this discussion.
As a part time college professor and business statistic was my profession for 40 years, I beg to differ.................

Sorry, but I must add validity to our profession.