View Single Post
Old 08-21-2009, 10:32 PM   #50
ITD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreddy View Post
This thread is irrelevant to bikes though. I want to see you try and enforce a noise restriction on motorcycles. Nobody goes out and buys an aftermarket exhaust to say, "Hmm, I think I want to be as annoying as possible today to everyone in my vacinity." Aftermarket exhaust systems are added for performance and a differnt sound. Have you never wanted to make yourself, or something you own, dinstinct in your life? People get annoyed all the time, but most brush it off. Its something that, IN MY OPINION, will never disappear (unless they put a harsh consequence on violating the law).

I added my exhaust system to my motorcycle for looks, performance, and yes, sound. I have a power commander that has been dynoed and mapped to my bike for maximum performance. For reference here is a picture. As you can see, it goes rather well with the bike to make it a lot cleaner looking rather than the long stock exhaust.
Police crack down on motorcycle noise

http://www.seacoastonline.com/articl...NEWS-905210406

Pretty sure they've been doing this around the lake also, don't hear them half as much now.