View Single Post
Old 08-20-2009, 05:47 PM   #24
sunset on the dock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreddy View Post
I love loud boat, bikes, trucks, snowmobiles, etc. My jet ski has an aftermarket exhaust system in it. It's all personal preference. My bike can also be heard from miles away as well as my snowmobile (well, up until last year). Point is, the sound of a loud exhaust will never be diminished. It has, and always will be, a personal preference. In general, the younger crowd loves to be loud. Those that hate it are usually older because I'm sure they've already enjoyed being loud in their days. I like to be loud because I love the sound, plus it brings attention to what I'm riding (which I take pride in). With that said, I don't think this problem will ever be resolved because even with a law, there is no proper way to get an accurate reading without pulling the boat out of the water. There are too many factors to offset the reading. Just my $.02 .
My first thought on reading this post was that it must have been planted by a SL supporter...wasn't me...it is so out of the ballpark unintelligent, selfish, and uninformed that I REALLY see what some of the sincere, safety minded opponents of the SL are up against in fighting the negative stereotypes that have been used against them. Still not convinced this post is legit but havn't gone back to check his other posts.

I agree with IDT, quoted below:

"But I will never understand why someone wants to come to a place as beautiful as Winnipesaukee and make a lot of noise. Even as big as the broads are, one loud boat disturbs the tranquility of 1,000s of people and for what? I think the noise law should be more strict and switchable exhausts still outlawed. There is just no reason for a loud boat. "