Thread: Unbelievable
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013, 12:43 PM   #16
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,090 Times in 784 Posts
Default Nhrba

I was referring to the NH Recretional Boaters Association, who assist the LRSPS in more ways than one. I still have an NHRBA sticker on my boat that states the basic difference out laws have from other states.

Last night on my sunset cruise, a Thurston rental pontoon overloaded and WOT right through the Eagle Island NWZ, followed by a 30' cruiser also at speed. There was a MP boat sitting off the Mt Washongton marker in front of the Weirs, either he didn't see it or ............................

Thanks for pointing this out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamatrix View Post
Broadhopper- it is the Lakes Region Power & Sail Squadron that put out the buoys marking the 150 foot distance... not Safe Boaters of NH -which I believe is now defunct. The LRSPS also does free boat safety inspections throughout the lakes region on weekends, to ensure boaters have the correct safety equipment. They also conduct the safe boating classes in locations that include Laconia & Moultonboro libraries, the Suissevale Clubhouse, Southdown Clubhouse, etc., The cost is cheap: only covers the study materials.

We saw a pontoon boat on 7/15 in Meredith that was so overloaded-at least 8 adults, and 6 children who had NO LIFE PRESERVERS ON. What a bunch of dolts. We always see folks doing stupid things, not paying attention, drinking, etc., etc. It is the main reason we do not use our boat after dark in summer. People these days just seem to be rude and have a sense of entitlement.