View Single Post
Old 08-21-2012, 04:30 AM   #116
Belmont Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondcurve View Post
In the old days the young man would have gotten a strong talking to by a law enforcement officer and maybe a weekend of community service. He likely would have remembered the painful lesson and shaped up. Now as you state he will have a record. I'm not sure this outcome improves the end result but I'm glad it makes you feel good.

I don't disagree that public urination can be disgusting and I certainly recoil when I see younger folks making spectacles of themselves. However, I have learned to take a deep breath and reflect back upon my youth and to some of the things that I did back then that I wish I hadn't.

Finally, if public urination is a crime I'd like to know if there is any man out there, including you Bear Islander, who can plead innocent to this "crime"?
1. In the old days people cared about others. Not the case now a day as some of today's youth would just as soon shoot you as look at you.
2. More and more you hear about repeat offenders.
3. There is big difference between urinating in private and making a show of it in front of people and not caring.
First of all let me say I pee in the lake every time I'm out on it. Weather they say so or not probably 90% of boaters do at some time if not regularly, I do not think that is the issue here. Getting up and doing it within easy sight of houses and possible children is. As you mentioned most probably do it but we don't do it without making sure no one can see us. I carry a bottle from the hospital on my boat for day use and dump it. At night or in the middle of the broads with no one around is not an issue.
Once again it is the difference between using common sense and having no common sense.