View Single Post
Old 08-20-2012, 07:58 PM   #114
secondcurve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear Islander View Post
I sometimes see people pee in the lake as they go through the NWZ. Last year a young man went slowly by our place while he stood on the swim platform and relieved himself in the water. He was swinging his hips back and forth and really enjoying himself. We took his picture, got the bow number and called Marine Patrol. He was taken into custody and ended up before a judge getting a $500 fine and a record that will follow him all of his life.

In truth he was lucky because he could have been charged with exposing himself and that means "Registered Sex Offender".

Public urination is a crime.
In the old days the young man would have gotten a strong talking to by a law enforcement officer and maybe a weekend of community service. He likely would have remembered the painful lesson and shaped up. Now as you state he will have a record. I'm not sure this outcome improves the end result but I'm glad it makes you feel good.

I don't disagree that public urination can be disgusting and I certainly recoil when I see younger folks making spectacles of themselves. However, I have learned to take a deep breath and reflect back upon my youth and to some of the things that I did back then that I wish I hadn't.

Finally, if public urination is a crime I'd like to know if there is any man out there, including you Bear Islander, who can plead innocent to this "crime"?
secondcurve is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to secondcurve For This Useful Post: