View Single Post
Old 01-20-2011, 04:58 AM   #40
ApS

Smile My Response...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepper View Post
I often find it extremely difficult to read his posts as well. I usually get to the second or third line and give up. As a result, I have no idea what his stand is on most issues.
Pepper, I enjoy your contributions to this forum. Did you notice that by contributing to the "Lake Issues" forum that you are being read by triple the numbers at other forums?

Sorry you have difficulty, but I must couch my replies in very careful language. Just now, I come tired and exhausted from a different (and tiny) Lakes Region forum. Just as here, the attacks on my family go unabated.

Your dock hasn't been measured for DEA compliance, your property hasn't been photographed, your living standards weren't spied upon, your IRS returns weren't questioned, no threats were made to report your "aberrant" behavior (while sailing) —nor were your reports of local lake celebrities monitored and criticized.

The opposition to sensible and sober regulations knows no bounds, and they try to silence the voices of peaceable boaters. WinnFABS (a "family alliance") doesn't even attempt to get involved here.

In short, the loud tenor—and the marginalizing efforts—of the opposition is such that I (much like Sarah Palin) must be careful in my choice of words.

It does make for difficult reading.