View Single Post
Old 06-02-2016, 12:51 PM   #11
GBGX2

Default Could NOT disagree more !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Bob View Post
Stopped in Sunday for a little lunch.
The service was fine , very attentive waitress .
Food was acceptable ,
The dock was full so we ate inside. The place looks like it hasn't been cleaned in years ! Walls are a mess , Windows dirty with bugs trapped between the windows and screens, table dirty and the carpet in this place is unbelievable . It hasn't been cleaned in years . Drop anything on it and you don't want it back .
My wife and I eat at Shibley's regularly and I could not disagree more with the above comments. Amy and David are diligent and attentive concerning all aspects of their business and they work extremely hard to create a great environment for their guests. I know from speaking with both of them that during closedown after the winter months and prior to reopening, they spend a great deal of time deep cleaning the entire restaurant. I am confident that sidework and cleaning are an ongoing part of running their restaurant.

While I have no personal "dog in the hunt", I care deeply about all of our Alton restaurants and know many of the owners who all work very hard at running their businesses.

IMHO, it is unfortunate when a mischaracterization of what I know to be true is presented that may very well impact others from visiting that establishment. As to Billy Bob, I might suggest that in the future, you take a moment, search out the owner/manager of the property and let them know personally about your concerns....a much more constructive approach, I believe.
GBGX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GBGX2 For This Useful Post: