View Single Post
Old 06-22-2012, 12:09 PM   #68
NoBozo

Some businesses, particularly those engaged in "Repairs," be it automobiles or boats, don't like it when you ask embarrassing questions of them. My last visit to a boat repair facility..16 or 17 years ago ended with the proprieter threatening to have me arrested when I asked him WHY a new gimbal bearing and a water pump in an Alpha 1, that he had just replaced, should cost $715. He had quoted me less than $300 a few days before.

I had asked him to save the old parts for me, which he did. I picked up the Old gimbal beariing ....which had a BIG gob of brand new grease smeared on it..no doubt to discourage me from touching it. I rotated the Old bearing in my fingers to FEEL the bearing as I rotated it. The bearing was PERFECT and didn't need to be replaced as they had done. I asked the guy about this. That's when he threatened to call the Police.

I PAID the bill, took the boat and left..and I've been TALKING about that place ever since. They are still in business....making a living ripping off unsuspecting boat owners. NB
The Following User Says Thank You to NoBozo For This Useful Post: