View Single Post
Old 06-10-2012, 06:10 PM   #1
Electric Blue

Default Winnisquam Marine

I bought some tune up parts from Winnisquam Marine. They were recommended to me because they had a good reputation for customer service. Not so much.
I will never go back there again (nor do they want me to I'm sure)
I purchased the following items:
2 caps, 2 rotors, 16 iridium plugs, 16 plug wires, 10 quarts of oil, 2 oil filters,2 sets of anodes, 2 water separator filters.
I spent alot of money at that store. I had a mechanic at my marina install the tune up parts, as my boat is on Winnipesaukee. The boat ran horrible, right out of the gate. I could not get both 6.2 MPI's past 3400 rpm at full throttle. They normally spin out at 5,000 rpm WOT. The engines were running very rough and had no power. I immediately returned to the dock. Total run time about ten minutes.The mechanic checked the water separators. They were fine. We checked the parts list and discovered that Winnisquam marine had given me the wrong cap and rotors. We put the old cap and rotor's back in, both engines spun up to 5,000 rpm. When I tried to exchange the wrong new parts for the right ones, I was told too bad, they are now "used parts." No exchange, no refund. I tried to explain to Ryan that it was their fault not mine. He told me "well with parts you never get it 100% right." Gee really ? I thought thats why they invented part numbers. Oh well. My bad. He blamed it on my mechanic. No accountability. He would not hear it. Ruined weekend for me and my guests. He didn't care. It got heated..I left. Thanks for nothing Ryan. You're a really great guy. Keep up the good work, I'm sure Winnisquam Marine will get it 100% right someday.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Electric Blue For This Useful Post: