View Single Post
Old 07-02-2014, 11:27 AM   #7
polarisman14

Yeah the Chrysler is very, very light by comparison. My 35hp is only 127lbs. I'm kicking myself as I missed out on a great opportunity to pick up a 55hp chrysler (motor is only about 10lbs more) on a 14' runabout and trailer for 500 or 600 bucks. By the time I asked, I was second in line, and the guy who saw it first bought it on the spot. Timing's everything. I would have loved to pick that up and sell mine (which was working fine at the time) and eventually put the 55hp on the wood boat I'm building. That'd have some real get up and go to it on a 13' twin cockpit runabout.

Parts availability actually isn't as bad as I expected for these. For some items they are a bit tough to come by but there's a surprising amount of used items on ebay and online. More importantly, Mercury eventually bought Chrysler/Force so there are parts through them. The trick is finding the correct part numbers (which are usually the same as in the Chrysler manual, but with a "F" in front of them) on ebay or online somewhere.

I guess I have some parts to buy!

To Tow: 2007 Honda Ridgeline RTL
To Float: 1977 MFG Gypsy Star 17 O/B
polarisman14 is offline   Reply With Quote