View Single Post
Old 01-09-2011, 09:39 AM   #10
Lucky1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa meredith View Post
I guess this could go on and on.
The word "best" I would think, needs to be defined.
I'll simply state, that if the catagory was simply the best ratio of: reasonable prices/food quality/atmosphere...you'd have a hard time convincing me it is not Bob House.
They are not the cheapest, but far from the most expensive (VK would win the price contest), the food is probably not the the best ( Canoe?), and their atmosphere is not exceptional (Woodshed maybe wins)...
But Bob House would come in, in the top three of each of these catagories. So my vote for overall best would go there.
I like The Bob House a lot too, but also like most of the ones listed in the poll. We are indeed lucky to have so many good restaurants in the area. I do not know them all and want to try the Italian one that is Karen and somebody? Forget the whole name. There are others too. Where is THE RESTAURANT? That seemed to get many votes.
I do not like to have to spend a lot of money to eat out most of the time. I will spend a lot for special occasions.

Canoe is a favorite of one of my daughters. Her husband likes Sam and Rosie's. My mouth is watering while I type!!! Just had breakfast though. Glad we have the poll even though I think that one could find a way to do one with stars for different areas such as food quality, cost, atmosphere, service etc.

Thanks to those on here who help others with opinions on restaurants. I guess I do think that negative piling on can get to be too much on some restaurants. And in the same way there are some who have a favorite and pile on about how good it is all the time.
Lucky1 is offline   Reply With Quote