Thread: Osteria Poggio
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2018, 07:48 AM   #75
ITD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descant View Post
Is Osteria Poggio kid friendly? I'd say yes to the extent that they are heavy on service. However, this is casual dining as far as timing goes. To me, more for adults who want to enjoy some conversation between courses, and not eat in a hurry. The menu is mostly in Italian and may take some time to explain, and with specials, and perhaps a visit to the table from the chef to talk about tonight's offerings, not a rushed experience.
We went with two grandchildren ( 8 & 10) who routinely eat at "adult" restaurants. They enjoy asking about how something is prepared, can I have it with...?, etc. I don't recall that there was a children's menu. We went at 4:45 pm on a Friday, with a reservation, so meals were served before the room filled. It was full by 6:00 pm. Definitely go early, and understand the menu before you get there. We didn't see booster seats or high chairs, and we didn't see any little kids.
I just came back from Italy and although the menus are in Italian, they have copies that have an English translation below each Italian entry, just saying.
ITD is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ITD For This Useful Post: