Thread: Bike Week
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2018, 06:30 AM   #121
Biggd

Thanked 1,071 Times in 676 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetskier View Post
Exactly right. I work with a number of associates right out of school...they are bright but culturally quite different than our generation.
  1. For the most part they prefer to live in Boston. They want everything within walking or public transportation reach.
  2. They don't even own cars...many of them don't have a license and others (who do) don't actively drive.
  3. Social interaction is different than our generation...technology and local interests define social interaction and they tend to stay within bounds.
  4. They do make decent money, however their spending choices are much different than ours (were). In some cases, rent and student loans limit disposable income...in other cases motorcycles and bike week are not in their generational interests.

Just my observations.

Jetskier
In most cases their work is different also. The majority of them don't work with their hands, they work with their minds.
Our generation was the mechanical generation, theirs is the electronics generation. We dreamt of building things. They dream of buying things, but not motorcycles.
They don't want to get their hands dirty. Invest in companies that produce hand sanitizer.
Those are my observations.
Biggd is offline   Reply With Quote