View Single Post
Old 12-10-2021, 03:26 PM   #25
TheTimeTraveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailinAway View Post
Hugs to you too, sir. How important is color for me personally? 10 out of 10. I don't urgently "need" a KIA Soul. I have a perfectly fine car. I "want" a KIA Soul to simplify my recreational activities (see original post). Therefore it has to be just the right car. If you were longing for a Bugatti and saved up for it for years and the one you found happened to be alien green (for those who don't know, that's an actual Soul color), would you spring for it?

Why looking for a Soul for two years: (1) difficulty of test driving cars during the pandemic, (2) they come in a variety of packages, not all equally suitable for me, (3) COLOR.

I'll push the color question a step further and say that for the last 15 years, colors of cars and clothing have been mainly black, gray, and brown, plus white for cars. What those colors represent psychologically is well known: depression, loss of hope, loss of soul, sterility, low energy. Did Americans ask for these colors? Not at all. Clothing and car manufacturers decided that that was what we were getting. For 15 years we've been surrounded by this drab color landscape, which also represents a disconnect from the natural world. The psychedelic 60s and 70s---the era of bright colors to counteract the Vietnam War and race riots---are over.

KIA is trying to set a new trend with orange, yellow, and alien green cars. By this year they realized their error and brought back more reds and blues. I just have to wait until those colors are more available in used cars.

"Had you bought it two years ago, price wouldn't have been an issue." That observation pales in comparison to had I bought a HOUSE two years ago . . .

Comparing me to FLL is a low blow, but yes, we humans are a strange pile of irrational, conflicting thoughts, feelings, and actions. I bet we all recognize some part of ourselves in FLL.
Speaking of car colors; Yellow seems to have disappeared from new car lots about 30 years ago.

Never seem able to find any new Yellow cars anymore. Last time I had one was back in 1984.
TheTimeTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote