View Single Post
Old 11-16-2021, 12:52 AM   #31
gillygirl

Default Dr. Fauci Just Issued This "Sobering" Warning

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailinAway View Post
If I understand you correctly, I think you're saying that fewer options would be cheaper to manufacture and prices would be lower. I think that's true. 10 factories producing 10 basic, necessary items over and over can do this more efficiently than 1000 factories producing 10,000 items, 9,990 of them unnecessary. I also think that a huge number of the excess products end up in the landfill.

You get my point. Really, do we need 100 options when 10 will suffice for the realistic operation of what we need? To me, your being should not be reflected in material things. Rather, it should be reflected in how you treat those around you. After my husband died, I turned to material things that I was not allowed in the marriage. Yet when I was free to decide on the material things, in the end they brought me no joy. Perhaps this was a reflection that I got little support from those around me after his death, so I sought solace in material things. Whatever the case may be, objects pale in comparison to human interaction.

Sent from my iPad using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app