View Single Post
Old 10-06-2021, 08:43 AM   #302
FlyingScot

Quote:
Originally Posted by baygo View Post
I’m curious the source of your information. I no longer trust any main stream media outlet. They all report/indoctrinate to support their narrative be it left or right.

The American labor force is currently 160 millionish workers. CDC states we are somewhere around 75% Vaxed. That leaves 40 million unvaxed. Yes some will cave but I believe the number will be somewhere in the neighborhood of 7 to 10% who will not. I draw this hypothesis from umbers reported by the teacher and hospital unions in the big cities on how many have not caved there.

Your reference to the Massachusetts state police union is contradicted by this Main Street source (not to be hypocritical) https://www.npr.org/sections/coronav...-covid-vaccine

It states dozens did walk, but that’s irrelevant because the deadline is not until October 17th
Seems extreme to no longer trust any mainstream outlet, and ironic to imply that outlets outside the mainstream are more reliable. Groups outside the mainstream are typically even more focused on some narrow agenda, pretty much by definition.

I try to evaluate everything I read to understand potential bias and look for weaknesses. Some places--such as Fox and MSNBC--are obviously more biased than others--such as Wall Street Journal and New York Times. (I've tried to use balanced examples.)

On the specific examples you've asked for--Think has already provided a reference for the police. United Airlines has been covered in the Times, Fox vaccine requirements have been covered by Marketwatch.

But instead of discounting what I've written because you don't like the sources, I hope you'll check for yourself and let us know if you think United Airlines is paying a big price in lost labor, or if you doubt that Fox has been very tough on unvaxxed employees.