View Single Post
Old 06-24-2009, 09:31 PM   #21
Greenbean

We stayed there in one of the rooms and the GM had the drug sniffing dogs come walk down the hallway right in front of our sons room and they claimed the dog smelled drugs which supposedly gave the GM the right to go ahead and open the door.

However, the drug sniffing dog was wrong, the cops were wrong and the GM was wrong. The courts found the Wolfeboro Inn to be guilt of invasion of privacy and dismissed the case with my son being not guilty.

I wouldn't stay there, eat there or stoop so low as to have my worst enemy stay there. It cost us $4,000 to work thru the Wolfeboro Inn mistakes.

If the GM was so fabulous she would have recognized she wasn't ready to open properly. I've heard of peoiple arriving at 6:15 and waiting until 8:15 for their food albeit that was the first weekend. I also don't understand why they had to bring a chef from Exeter, a GM from Alton and a food service and beverage manager from who knows where. Apparently the Inn didn't notice we have local talent which needs to work.

They better keep trying if they want to win the locals back because it's the locals who make the references to tourists day in and day out and support the business in the winter when the tourists disappear. Underestimating the local word of mouth references is the worst mistake the Inn can make.

My money is on Geordy Hutchinson's new place called The Resturant. I've eaten there several times and the food, service and price were all excellant. Look for a sign with a giant black fork and spoon on it.
Greenbean is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Greenbean For This Useful Post: