View Single Post
Old 06-24-2009, 09:44 AM   #30
VitaBene

Thanked 1,609 Times in 823 Posts
Default Common Sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilltopper View Post
Unless we're talking about a REAL narrow, two lane road, riding the center line and riding the left side tire line of a car are two different things. There's generally plenty of room to ride between the center of a travel lane (oil drippings, fluids, etc.) and the double yellow line. Most bikers manage this just fine...
Thanks HT- you nailed it. There is absolutely no reason to ride that line as tight as many riders do. The auto tire track is not on the center line it is almost 2 feet from the line (otherwise cars would be scraping each other driving in opposite directions). The center line is a horrible place to be.

Ride Safe!!

I was going to hold my thoughts but............

GTO, A question for you- why do all those jetskiers wear those almost identical vest thingys? BTW it would not have been humorous if the jacket had caused him to spill. It is not humorous when I stop my boat to return something that has fallen off another boat or jet ski either. It's called being helpful (did you ask if they needed a hand?)

Brown Eyed Girl- 0-60 in 6 seconds?? Even my old slow bike can do that. You might want to work on that ride a bit before you throw #s around like that. I'll meet you at the track in my diesel powered pickup, no need to pull the Olds out of the garage for the light work.
VitaBene is offline   Reply With Quote