View Single Post
Old 06-11-2009, 08:43 AM   #1
kberanger

Default Message from Wolfeboro Inn GM

First and foremost I would like to apologize to all who have had a disappointing experience with Wolfe's Tavern. When opening a restaurant and hotel the size of ours, there are expected and unexpected bumps to sort through. It is our ultimate intention to make sure all of our guests have a positive experience with us, and to hopefully exceed their expectations. I am aware for many of you this has not been happening, and I appreciate your feedback to me. Customer feedback - positive and negative - are crucial to success. We are taking the necessary steps to improve our quality of food and service. A new Executive Chef, Stephen Harding has joined us. He has been the Executive Chef at one of our sister properties, The Exeter Inn for the past 2 years. Stephen brings with him superb culinary experience and refreshing enthusiasm. We have also fixed our new POS (Point of Sale) system - a faulty hard drive was installed thus resulting in numerous food order/delivery malfunctions. Service staff is undergoing training sessions as well. Some of you may know that I have a long history with The Wolfeboro Inn. I was the Sales & Marketing Director from 1989 - 1998. I have recently returned this spring as the General Manager. When I first started with the Inn it had fallen on hard times. A poor reputation, neglect and mismanagement. Through many years of hard work and community support and patience we brought the reputation up to AAA 4 diamond standards and a flourishing business, bringing thousands of dollars into the community as well. We are starting our daily tours on Winnipesaukee Belle at the town docks Monday the 15th. We are proud to add this as an attraction - one more reason for out of towners to visit Wolfeboro and spend their day shopping, having lunch, and enjoying our quaint town. The staff and I are working hard to make The Wolfeboro Inn a premier resort that the community can be proud of. We have numerous corporate, social and motorcoach groups booked with us. THose groups not only benefit us, but they also spend a considerable amount of money in town. Having been through a rough time already with the Inn, I'm confident that this time around it is going to be even better. Every inch of the property - from our 44 guestrooms, ballroom, 1812 room, Tavern, waterfront, common areas and grounds have been beautifully remodeled. So I encourage everyone to please be patient - give us another try if you haven't - and keep the feedback coming - we want your support. It's our best tool to make your experience a positive one. Thank you - Karen Beranger, General Manager
kberanger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to kberanger For This Useful Post: