Thread: ABCC On Fire
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2009, 01:32 AM   #53
cmsmehil

flyguy, I was wondering when we were going to see some aerial shots from you! My heart is actually a little less heavy from seeing your shots as I believed all the cottages directly along Winni to be completely gone as well. The images are still terrifying, and we have many friends who have lost their homes, but I am glad that the destruction was not *quite* as widespread as we had feared based on the images of the fire itself and the slow news dribbling through.

mcdude-- welcome for the link. any updates from JacksonB or TICTOC? I thought the campground had been working on notifying everyone...

In other news, while all this is occurring in Alton Bay... Down in Dowling Park, they've been having serious problems with flooding. The water is finally falling, after cresting on Easter at 55 feet. It's expected to fall below flood stage on April 24. The crest stage was 0.9 feet above the 1998 flood.

Looks like we're literally facing hell and high water...

For anyone who's interested, a disaster relief fund has been established at the branch of TD Banknorth in Alton. Contributions may be made to Alton Bay Campmeeting Association.

~Cat
www.winnipesaukeecam.com
cmsmehil is offline   Reply With Quote