View Single Post
Old 03-19-2009, 07:59 AM   #78
no-engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
I've never been to the South Down Shore waterfront so I don't know but it sure seems that a 12' wide, paved asphalt, walking-biking-cross country skiing-roller blading-non motorized used, public trail proposed to be buit on the state owned railroad right-of-way would be welcomed as a major recreational enhancement to the Lakes Region. Available at no charge to the user, it will create a nine mile long x 12' wide, paved asphalt trail along three lakeside waterfronts in Belmont, Laconia and Meredith with Weirs Beach in a central location.

Sounds excellent to me.....what's not to like? The initial building of it creates jobs...and it can attract a new demographic of tourist visiter; bicyclers who could spend a day biking the nine miles plus combine a three hour Mount Washington cruise. Bicycling is good exercise for ages one to 101. Hey, when was the last time you pedalled along a mostly flat and highly scenic, waterfront bike path? Who knows, once you see it and try it, you might even like it? !
Those who have never been on public property that has proximity to The Lake should avail themselves of what we have - such a great asset.

When snow is there, x-c ski, snow shoe, walk, etc. When the snow is gone, WALK from Weirs to Meredith in vicinity of Marina. Or borrow a bicycle designed with tires for off-road. Some of the trail will be rough grass like the rough on golf course, some like lawn mowed grass, some like a dirt road, or gravel road, and some will be paved. In other words a large variety of surface exists.
As if walking in the National Parks, respect the publicly owned property: carry in / carry out. Respect the private property you observe nearby.

I am not rendering a position that it be fenced or not fenced, but WE HAVE SUCH AN ASSET. I do not understand why such childish arguing.
As a shoe company says: JUST DO IT!
no-engine is offline   Reply With Quote