View Single Post
Old 03-01-2009, 01:28 PM   #51
hazelnut

Thumbs up 2nd Visit

Well I'm wracking my brain on this one. So far I am 2 for 2 on the Lobster Pound. Both times really really good experiences. It really makes me question some peoples motives when posting "reviews" slamming area restaurants.

4 of us went in last night for a late dinner. We were on sleds and had just completed the "Prison Loop" trail. By the way conditions were not that bad on the loop and we had the great fortune to be the first to ride the freshly groomed "loop."

So we headed to the "Pound" and were immediately seated, the band was setting up in the dining area. Our waiter was beyond excellent. He was fast and efficient. I got Shrimp Scampi, My wife got a Mahi, Mahi special, one person got Prime Rib and the other in our group got the Seafood Platter. All got salad. The food came out nice and quick and portions were huge. The Seafood Platter was enormous. My Scampi was awesome the shrimp snapped when you ate them, nice and fresh. The Prime Rib looked awesome and my buddy ate ALMOST all of his Seafood Platter. The only criticism came from my wife who said while the Mahi, Mahi was awesome she thought they overdid it with the Risotto as the fish was essentially swimming in it. This comes from a gal who isn't really keen on lots of sauces or things. I probably would have like it but I can understand her point. Perhaps the Risotto could have been on the side or something. Anyway all in all a very positive experience. Great atmosphere, great band, great service. I'm 2 for 2 and I will be back!

One of our party took a Twin Lobster platter home to his wife and I look forward to his report on what her experience was with that.

Bottom line give the Lobster Pound a try and see for yourself.
hazelnut is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hazelnut For This Useful Post: