View Single Post
Old 01-27-2009, 07:30 AM   #42
ApS

Lightbulb Trailer stickers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
APS...You asked: What possible reason could be given to insist that an 8' windsurfer shell out $$ for Lake Restoration...?
Yes I did: What does your answer have to do with Lake Restoration?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
"...Using your logic, because the fee is paid by motorboats, only the lakes that allow motorboats should benefit from these monies..."
I've paddled through milfoil before, so I'm OK with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfeboro_Baja View Post
"...Perhaps to pick up trash that might be left behind? I know I follow the carry-in/carry-out method of handling my trash but can you be 100% sure that everyone else does...?"
I've seen hats, sandwich boxes, and styrofoam coolers blow out of motorboats and, even before the boat hits the water—from trailered boats!

I'm 100% sure that an eight-foot windsurfer (or even a six-foot windsurfer) won't be losing any beer cans from his cooler or sandwich wrappers off his boat!

Quote:
"...I can't speak for everyone else that trailers up to the lake, but when I come to the lake, my trailer only goes in the water twice, once to put the boat in and once to take it out!! If someone is putting their trailer in "several times a day", it sounds like they don't know what they're doing!!
I was thinking of fishermen—but I've done it myself.

While searching out waterfront real estate, I inspect all prospects from the water's perspective.

Quote:
"...If we're going to look at it that way, then everyone using the lake should be paying some of the fees above..."
Then when does it stop? Should swim floats pay a fee? Swim noodles? Should swim rafts? Model boats?

Paddlers' impacts on lakes are environmentally invisible—as are windsurfers'.

They are least likely to litter, cause the least amount of mayhem, make the least amount of noise, take up the least amount of room in storage, parking, and ApS-coefficient. Indeed, paddling makes one even more environmentally conscious!

Disclaimer: I have never windsurfed, and haven't canoed or kayaked in Lake Winnipesaukee for several years. Last summer, I had two trailers, but sold one that was unnecessarily taking up space.